Subject: Re: (SC18WG9.44) Microsoft attendance at the next JTC1/SC18/WG9 meeting: EURO is

From: "Alain LaBont/e'/ SCT" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 23:50:37 -0300

A 19:27 20/08/97 -0400, [email-masked] a écrit :
>Lori and Alain,
>
>The next meeting of ISO/IEC JTC1 SC18 WG9 will be held at the Apple 
>Computer R&D Campus in Cupertino, California. I believe that the ISO 
>protocol dictates that participants must either be experts from a 
>national accredited standards organization or from a liaison ISO 
>organization.

[Alain] :
In a *working group*, the convenor may also accept to receive somebody who
is not accredited, if that causes a problem of any nature. In this case it
is clear then that the status is either one of observer or of presentator.
Of course accreditation is always better to avoid contestation of any kind.
I do not believe people would contest such a required attendance,
beneficial to all parties, in this particular case.

In a SC, rules are more strict. Anyway, I believe that Microsoft would also
benefit to represent the USA and be part of the American delegation.

[Vincent] :
>A possible way for Lori to officially attend may be as one of the US 
>National Delegates from ANSI NCITS. The current official delegation list 
>at this time from ANSI to the next WG9 meeting includes myself, Harold 
>Welch, Rudolf Reiss, and Steve Weiss. I believe that it still may be 
>possible for Lori to be added to the US delegation list, however, I 
>suggest that she arranges this directly with the Chairmain of NCITS, 
>Doris Bernardini, or the Chairman of the NCITS subgroup V1, Steve Weiss.
>
>Regards,
>
>Vince Voron
>Tel. 408-974-1186
>
>
>>> [Alain] : I would be happy to participate in this meeting if you think
>that 
>it
>>>would be helpful.  Please let me know if my attendance would be
>>>acceptable and helpful, and the details regarding time and place for the
>>>meeting and I'll be there.
>>>
>>>Thanks - Lori
>>
>>[Alain] :
>>
>>You would be most welcome and it would indeed be extremely useful that
>>Microsoft be there to discss the EURO issue with keyboards (in particular
>>ISO/IEC 9995-3).
>>
>>The meeting is planned for all week of November 11 in Cupertino (exact
>>venue: I don't have with me now, but that is a formality, it could be at
>>IBM's or in a hotel).
>>
>>Alain LaBontE
>>Ottawa (at the ISO/IEC JTC1/SC22 Plenary)
>>
>>extra cc: SC18/WG9 email reflector
>
>
>