Subject: WARNING : POSSIBLE VIRUS ON SC 24 MAILS

From: jean stride <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 06:05:11 -0400

Hello,

Steve Carson has warned me that a spoof SC 24 message containing a virus
has been sent to him - please be aware of this.  See message below

Jean
*************

This worm (Klez) has the ability to spoof the From: field (often set to an
address found on the victim machine). So I can't tell if this mail went to
everyone on the reflector or just to me. Are either you or Laura getting
these messages? If not, then it is probably a spoofed address.

Here is a page with more data on it:

http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_99455.htm 

It is possible that it has just infected someone's machine who has the SC
24 reflector address and mine both in their address book. It might be worth
a message to the reflector warning people that someone's machine with the
SC 24 reflector address in their address book has been infected and the
virus is attempting to spread by spoofing the From field to make it appear
that messages come from the SC 24 reflector.
---------------------------------------------------------