Subject: On progress of IPI-IIF

From: [email-masked] (Koreaki Fujimura)
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 93 15:26:23 JST

Koreaki Fujimura,
			Electrotechnical Laboratory,
			1-1-4, Umezono, Tsukuba City, Ibaraki, Japan 305
			Tel: +81 298 58 5181, Fax: +81 298 58 5989  
			E-mail: [email-masked]

Dear Colleagues,

Enclosed are the text of Japanese request for SC24 sent to the secretariat.

	NOTE: Most of Japanese organizations are going to take New Year's 
              vacation until Jan. 4.

     --------------------

Title:     Request for reconsideration on progression of IPI Part 3 to IS

Source:    The Japanese National Body for SC24

Date:      1993-12-28

The Japanese National Body for SC24 considers that progression of IPI Part 3
to IS, resolved at the SBS meeting, should be reconsidered because the current 
final text draft does not follow the disposition of comments in SC24 N 993.

The crucial discrepancy is between the item, 

        T3.22  Accepted. An annex will be added giving an example gateway
               application program.  ANSI(K.Andress) will provide available 
               example program in C language.

which is the response to our comments --

        T3.22) Page 104-152, 7 IPI-IIF Gateway functionality:
        This clause is hard to understand.  Pseudo-programming example 
        may be necessary.

and the editor's decision

     - JISC T3.22 (gateway program): The available input material, although 
    valuable for a tutorial book, has not the style and generality to be 
    included as an Annex to this Standard. Due to the lack of other (tested!) 
    material, this document comes without a gateway example program. Since 
    the PIKS doesn't contain an example program either, this was felt to be 
    justifiable.

We request SC24 not to progress IPI part 3 to IS 
unless the disposition item T3.22 would be carried on or the document 
SC24 N 993 would be revised and the recommendation/resolution based
on this document would get substantial support by the SC24 ballot.

                                                                    END