Subject: EDCS CD Review Comment Guidelines

From: jean stride <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 10:20:51 -0500

-------------Forwarded Message-----------------

From:	"Gary Wentz", INTERNET:[email-masked]
To:	[unknown], INTERNET:[email-masked]
	
CC:	"Jean Stride", [100434,3031]
	
Date:	17/01/2002 14:40 

RE:	New Documents @ JTC 1/SC 24/WG 8 Web Site - EDCS CD Review Comment Guidelines

To assist those of you who are voting or commenting on the ISO/IEC
18025 EDCS CD, the following two documents have been posted on the
WG8 web-site:

    - WG 8 N0197:  Guidelines for Submitting Comments on the EDCS CD
    - WG 8 N0197:  Considerations on Preparing EDCS CD Comments on Dictionary Entries

These two documents were originally prepared by the SEDRIS LO for
use by its own members as an aid in preparing comments.  The WG8
Convenor and Secretary have reviewed the documents, found them
beneficial, and have therefore revised them to make them applicable
for use by NBs and other LOs in the review of EDCS CD.  We thank the
SEDRIS Organization for contributing these materials.

We recommended that NBs and LOs take note of the guidelines in these
documents in the submission of their votes and comments on the
ISO/IEC CD 18025: Environmental Data Coding Specification (EDCS).

Please also note that previous circulations of the EDCS document
have been at Working Draft level, hence only comments were sought in
those circulations. This is a CD ballot, so while NBs and LOs may
submit comments, NBs are also required to vote.  Negative votes must
be accompanied by "reasons" for the vote and NBs are reminded of the
language on the CD ballot form: "Acceptance of these reasons and
appropriate changes in the text will change our vote to approval."

Jack Cogman (Convenor)
Tim Gifford (Secretariat)

________________________________________________________

The following documents are available at the JTC 1/SC 24/WG 8 web site.

Web Announcement: 8/D108
________________________________________________________ 

Name: http://www.sedris.org/wg8home/Documents/WG80197a.doc 
           http://www.sedris.org/wg8home/Documents/WG80197b.doc
           http://www.sedris.org/wg8home/Documents/WG80197c.doc
Title:   "Guidelines for Submitting Comments on the EDCS CD"
           and
           "Considerations on Preparing EDCS CD Comments on Dictionary Entries "
Number:  ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 24/WG 8 N0197
Date Added: 17 January 2002
________________________________________________________

If you have any questions, please contact the Working Group Secretariat 
([email-masked]).

----------------------- Internet Header --------------------------------
Sender: [email-masked]
From: "Gary Wentz" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Jean Stride" <[email-masked]>
Subject: New Documents @ JTC 1/SC 24/WG 8 Web Site - EDCS CD Review Comment Guidelines
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 09:40:04 -0500