Subject: Re: (SC24.525) New reflector site suggestions?

From: Steve Carson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 12:18:18 -0700

At 01:14 PM 03/22/2001 -0500, Moore, Laura A. wrote:
>I've received some suggestions for moving the reflector site.
>	Options  included 
>	 yahoo egroups 
>	msn communities
> or the addition of controls on the dkuug reflector
>	What opinions are there in instituting access controls / password on
>the reflector
>or moving to a new location.
>	I'm not at all knowledgeable about these things, so your guidance is
>appreciated.
>

I think that if DKUUG can quickly make the reflector a "members only" one
where only an address on the list can post to the list then we should do
that first and see if that fixes the problem. None of the addresses on the
list are to my knowledge themselves other list addresses, so that should
not pose a problem. If this does not fix the SPAM problem then we should
move the reflector.

Also I agree that the list of all addresses on the list should never be
posted to a publicly accessible web site.
---------------------------------------------------------
Steve Carson       http://www.huntel.com/~carson/
GSC Associates     http://www.gscassociates.com/
5272 Redman Road   phone:+1-505-521-7399; fax:+1-505-521-9321
Las Cruces, NM 88011 USA     e-mail:  [email-masked]
---------------------------------------------------------