Subject: Re: (SC24.518) junk mails

From: Robin Fairbairns <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 12:23:29 +0000

> Recently we received too many junk mails from
> [email-masked] mailing list and I fear those mails 
> will become  more and more.
> 
> I think it is of no use to request DKUUG for improvements
> because for many months before getting junk mails from [email-masked],
> I also got much more junk mails from [email-masked].
> 
> SC22 WG20 people got angry and asked an expert in DKUUG to
> do improvements several times but those requests have been neglected.
> 
> How should we do now?

actually, it's worse even than you say: the dkuug list server hides
the received: lines of the message before it got to it, so that it's
impossible to complain to the isp where the spam originated.

which leads me to conclude that dkuug are entirely bereft of clue as
to running a spam-resistant server.  perhaps an alternative home for
the list is desirable?