Subject: URGENT : SC 24 Meetings in 2001

From: jean stride <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 04:47:22 -0500

During the SC24 meeting in July 2000 the date for the next SC24 plenary,
  in conjunction with WG6, WG7, and WG8 meetings, was tentatively scheduled
  for June 12-16, 2001.  SEDRIS organization agreed to host the meeting
  in Lake Tahoe, since the SEDRIS Technology Conference (STC) 2001 was also
  to take place about the same time (June 18-22).

  Arrangements for hotel facilities for both the SC24 related meetings as
well
  as the STC 2001, such that they can be held in consecutive weeks, has
been
  difficult, since June is a popular month for conferences in Lake Tahoe.

  In order to accommodate both events, the STC 2001 schedule has been
changed
  from the original June 18-22 dates to June 5-8 (Tuesday-Friday).

  It is highly desirable, and more cost effective, to also change the SC24
  dates from June 12-16 to one of the following options:

   a) June 10-14 (Sunday-Thursday)
   b) June 9-13 (Saturday-Wednesday)
   c) June 11-15 (Monday-Friday)

  We recommend option (a), since it provides a one day buffer date between
  end of STC 2001 and the start of SC24 meetings, and is also the most cost
  effective option.

  However, before doing so, we wanted to inform the SC24 attendees of the
  proposed options for changing the dates, and solicit the majority
  preference.

  In order to close the hotel negotiations, the SEDRIS organization needs
to
  conclude this matter in the next two days (by Nov 7), since one of the
  candidate hotels at Lake Tahoe has made all of the above dates
  available as of last Friday.

  If you have a preference, please indicate your preferred option via
e-mail
  before November 7.  In the absence of any substantial responses, we will
  default to option (a).

Thanks
Jean Stride
ISO/IEC JT C1/SC 24