Subject: RE: (SC24.491) Draft Business Plan for SC 24

From: "Richard F. Puk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 09:04:36 -0700

Hi, Jean --

I have the following comments on the business plan:

1.  1.2.5 Item 3 implies that the SEDRIS work has not yet bad its NP
approved. This was true last year but not this year. I suggest dropping the
phrase "whose NP is imminent".

2.  1.2.5 transposition of products item 1:  There will probably not be any
MPEG-4 integration stuff in Amendment 1 since there has been no one who has
stepped up to do the work. It may happen in a future amendment. I suggest
dropping the second sentence.

3.  1.2.5 transposition of products item 5:  FDIS text is being prepared.

4.  1.2.5 tranposition of products item 6:  1999 should be 2001.

5.  1.2.5 transposition of products item 7:  It is unlikely that Living
Worlds will progress to a state sufficient for standardization based on
current activities. You may want to remove this item.

6.  1.2.5 transposition of products item 13:  This work will be included in
VRML Amendment 1. It has already become a Web3D Recommended Practice. Work
is progressing on an enhanced future version.

7.  1.2.5 transposition of products item 15. This effort has been abandoned.
I suggest removing this item.

8.  3.1 Deliverables:  SEDRIS Part 1 should go to WD4 and this will occur
probably in 1/2001.

9.  Somewhere:  There should be a mention of the NPs for EDCS and SRM
language bindings with Puk as editor of each.

I hope the above has helped.

  -- Dick

+----------------------------------------------------------
|  Richard F. Puk, Ph.D., Intelligraphics Incorporated
|  7644 Cortina Court, Carlsbad, California  92009-8206 USA
|  Tel:  1-760-753-9027  Fax:  1-760-753-9027
|  E-Mail:  [email-masked]
+----------------------------------------------------------

> -----Original Message-----
> From: jean stride [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Wednesday, September 27, 2000 08:11
> To: ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 24
> Subject: (SC24.491) Draft Business Plan for SC 24
>
>
> Please find attached the draft busines plan for
> ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 24.  Unless I receive comments to the
> contrary by 09.00am Monday 02 October 2000, this will be
> submited to JTC 1 for review at the forthcoming Plenary meeting.
>
> J M Stride
> ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 24 Secretariat
>