Subject: Notice of meeting and draft agenda for SC 24/WG 8

From: jean stride <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 10:55:51 -0400

Please find attached an advance copy of the notice of meeting
and draft agenda for the 5th SC 24/WG 8 meeting to be held in
Orlando, Florida, USA, 28 November - 02 December 2000

This document (SC 24 N 2188) will be posted to the SC 24 site shortly

Jean Stride
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 24 Secretariat

***************
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 24 N 2188
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 24 WG 8 N 0089

Fifth Meeting
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 24 Working Group 8 (Environmental Representation)
Sheraton World Resort
10100 International Drive, Orlando, Florida
28 November - 2 December 2000

Meeting Announcement and Preliminary Agenda

Meeting

The main purpose of this meeting is to review the drafts of the standards
presently being developed. Particular attention will be paid to the Spatial
Reference Model, WD 18026.

WG 8 will meet from 0900 until 1700 each day from Tuesday, 28 November
through Saturday, 2 December 2000. 
Note: All delegates must be authorized by their National Bodies in order to
attend the WG 8 meeting.

Registration
Please send e-mail to the meeting Convener, Jack Cogman
([email-masked], with a copy to the WG 8 Secretariat, Tim
Gifford ([email-masked]), indicating your participation in the WG 8
meeting. 

Meeting Host
The meeting is being hosted by the SEDRIS Organization, and the contact is 
Mrs. Cindy Hall.
Armed Forces Training Systems
Tel: +1 407 677 0153 extension 223
E-mail:  [email-masked]

Meeting Location
Sheraton World Resort
10100 International Drive
Orlando, Florida
USA
Tel: +1 407 352 1100
Guest Fax: +1 407 352 3679
Reservations: +1 800 327 0363

The rate is 77.00 US dollars per night and 8.47 for tax. We have a block of
rooms under the name "WG 8." 

The Sheraton is 1/2 mile south of the Orlando Convention Center.  From
Orlando: Take I-4 west to the Beeline Expressway / 528 (exit  28), then
take the International Drive/Sea World exit.  From Orlando International
Airport:  Take the Beeline Expressway /528 to the International Drive/Sea
World exit.  Turn left (south) on International Drive.  The Sheraton World
Resort is on the right hand side at the next traffic light.
Shuttle service from the airport is available for 22.00 US dollars round
trip.  Please let the hotel know of your intensions.  A trolley system is
also available.  The trolley stops at the hotel every 15 minutes and runs
up and down International Drive providing easy access to the Orlando
Convention Center and various restaurants and shops.  Prices range from
$.75 one way to $3.00 for 3-4 day passes.

Meeting Cost
The meeting cost per person is approximately 125.00 US dollars. This is
calculated on an estimated attendance of 20 persons. Final costs will be
figured the week of the meeting.

Draft Agenda
1. Welcome (0900 on 28 November, 2000)
2. Roll call and introductions
3. Adoption of agenda (WG 8 N0089)
4. Corrections to, and approval of, the minutes of the last meeting (WG 8
N0083)
5. Convener's report
· Results of the September Joint Steering Group on Spatial Standardization
& Related Interoperability.
· Status of Category C liaisons recommended at meeting #4 (WG 8 N0076, WG 8
N0077)
· Status of liaison statement to TC211 recommended at meeting #4 (WG 8
N0075) and results from the September TC 211 meetings
· Status of NPs for EDCS (WG 8 N0086) and SRM (WG 8 N0087) language
bindings
6. National body reports
7. Editor's reports
8. Appointment of committee for drafting SC24 Recommendations
9. Actions from previous WG 8 meetings (WG 8 N0083)
10. Other presentations by attendees
11. Review of fourth working draft of Spatial Reference Model (SRM) (WD
18026) 
12. Status of SEDRIS Part 1 (WD 18023) 
13. Status of SEDRIS C Binding (WD 18024)
14. Status of Environmental Data Coding Specification (EDCS) (WD 18025)
15. Agenda items resulting from review of WDs
16. Review new action items
17. Review the schedule for completion of the standards
18. Discussion and approval of recommendations to SC 24
19. Confirm the dates and place for the next WG 8 meeting 
20. Close (by 1700 on Saturday, 2 December, 2000)

If you plan to make a presentation or provide a written contribution,
please indicate your intention no later than one week prior to the start of
the meeting. Bring at least 20 copies of any written materials to the
meeting with you.  

National Body comments of the documents for review should be sent to the
Secretariat at least 2 weeks prior to the meeting, i.e., by 10 November
2000.