Subject: SEDRIS NPs have passed

From: Steve Carson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 13:32:41 -0700

I am happy to announce that the four SEDRIS NPs have passed and the work
has been assigned to SC 24. Congratulations to WG 8 for all the hard work
and thanks to the SC 24 NBs who helped up insure that these NPs passed!
This is an exciting new area of work for SC 24.

From the JTC 1 Document Register (soon to be posted to the SC 24 and WG 8
document registers too):

Document Number:	JTC 1 N 6061
Date:			2000-02-09	
Title: 		Summary of Voting on JTC 1 N 5973, Proposal for a New Work Item on
Synthetic Environment Data Representation and Interchange Specification
(SEDRIS)
Source:		JTC 1 Secretariat 
Project:		NP 18023
Status:		This proposal has met the criteria for acceptance into the JTC 1
Programme of Work. SC 24 is instructed to begin development of this item
taking into consideration the National Body comments received. 

Document Number:	JTC 1 N 6062
Date:			2000-02-09	
Title: 		Summary of Voting on JTC 1 N 5974, Proposal for a New Work Item on
Synthetic Environment Data
Representation and Interchange Specification (SEDRIS): Language Bindings :
Part 4: C 
Source:		JTC 1 Secretariat 
Project:		NP 18024
Status:		This proposal has met the criteria for acceptance into the JTC 1
Programme of Work. SC 24 is instructed to begin development of this item
taking into consideration the National Body comments received. 

Document Number:	JTC 1 N 6063 
Date:			2000-02-09 
Title: 		Summary of Voting on JTC 1 N 5975, Proposal for a New Work Item on
Environmental Data Coding Specification (EDCS) 
Source:		JTC 1 Secretariat 
Project:		NP 18025
Status:		This proposal has met the criteria for acceptance into the JTC 1
Programme of Work. SC 24 is instructed to begin development of this item
taking into consideration the National Body comments received. 

Document Number:	JTC 1 N 6064 
Date:			2000-02-09
Title: 		Summary of Voting on JTC 1 N 5976, Proposal for a New Work Item on
Spatial Reference Model (SRM) 
Source:		JTC 1 Secretariat 
Project:		NP 18026
Status:		This proposal has met the criteria for acceptance into the JTC 1
Programme of Work. SC 24 is instructed to begin development of this item
taking into consideration the National Body comments received. 

Steve Carson
Chair, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 24
Computer Graphics and Image Processing
---------------------------------------------------------
Steve Carson       http://www.huntel.com/~carson/
GSC Associates     http://www.gscassociates.com/
5272 Redman Road   phone:+1-505-521-7399; fax:+1-505-521-9321
Las Cruces, NM 88011 USA     e-mail:  [email-masked]
---------------------------------------------------------