Subject: Comments on PNG and SEDRIS

From: fujimura <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 10:20:37 +0900

Dear SC24 people, 

please accept the following two letters
as Japan's contributions to the October meetings.

-------------
Koreaki Fujimura, Intelligent Systems Division, Electrotechnical Laboratory,
    1-1-4, Umezono, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, 305-8568, Japan
    Tel: +81 298 54 5181, Fax: +81 298 54 5989, E-mail: [email-masked]

------ letter 1  ------

Title:	Additional Comments on FCD 15948.2 (PNG) 

Source:	Japan

Status:	National contribution to the PNG editing meeting
		(1999-10-02/03)

Date:	1999-09-22

  ---------

Despite the sentence in Japan's technical comment

	If those non-ISO/IEC/ITU specifications remain as normative 
	references, the explanatory reports should be circulated

a referencing explanatory report (RER) should be circulated 
even if the ICC specifications are removed because there remain some RFCs.

	NOTE: 	The normative referencing of specifications other than
		International Standards may be changed in the next JTC1
		plenary.

							(end)

------ letter 2  ------

Title:	Additional Comments on  SC24 N 2010 -- SEDRIS NP

Source:	Japan

Status:	National contribution to SC24 WG8 meeting
		(1999-10-01/05)

Date:	1999-09-22

	---------

The subclause 

	2.3 Relationship to existing standards 

in SC24 N 2010 should be expanded to explain the relation between 
SEDRIS and ISO/IEC 13249-3, SQL Multimedia and Application Packages
-- Part 3: Spatial, which is developed in SC32/WG4 in a close
coordination with ISO TC211 and is now being balloted as FDIS 
(closing at 1999-09-22).

							(end)