Subject: Announcement from VRML Consortium

From: Steve Carson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 11:40:01 -0700

As many of you many already know, our partner, the VRML Consortium has
expanded its charter and re-named itself the Web3D Consortium. There was a
formal press release about this on December 15, posted at:

http://www.vrml.org/news/pr/pr981215-content.html

The plan for what is being called "VRML Next-Generation (VRML-NG)" is
currently in preparation. It will allow full participation of SC 24 experts
in the Consortium processes that will prepare the specification that the
Web3D Consortium again expects to transpose into an International Standard
with the cooperation of SC 24. I will circulate more details about this
upcoming work as soon as the plan is finalized within the Consortium.

Steve Carson
Chair, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 24
Computer Graphics and Image Processing
---------------------------------------------------------
Steve Carson                 phone:   +1-505-521-7399
GSC Associates Inc.          fax:     +1-505-521-9321
5272 Redman Road             e-mail:  [email-masked]
Las Cruces, NM 88011 USA
---------------------------------------------------------