Subject: PNG NP Vote has failed in JTC 1

From: [email-masked] (Keld J|rn Simonsen)
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 1998 04:42:57 +0100

Hereby a mail from Steve Carson/Keld

>The PNG NP has failed. Only the US, UK and Japan voted to participate,
>giving us only 3 of the necessary 5 votes! Only one country (Korea) voted
>against accepting the item into the program of work and they provided no
>reasons for their vote.
>
>SubCommittee Name.:  JTC1           
>Document Number...:  5244      
>Backward pointer..:                                               
>Document Type.....:  Summary of Voting/Table of Replies                
>Date Assigned.....:  1998.03.27
>Document Title....:  Summary of Voting on Document JTC 1 N 5112,       
>                     Proposal for a New Work Item on PNG (Portable     
>                     Network Graphics)                                 
>Due Date..........:            
>Pages.............:    2
>Disk Serial No....:       
>Source............:  JTC 1 Secretariat                                 
>Project Number....:                   
>Status............:  This proposal has failed to meet the criteria for 
>                     acceptance into the JTC 1 Programme of Work.      
>Action Identifier.:  FYI 
>Medium............:       
>
>
>---------------------------------------------------------
>Steve Carson                 phone:   +1-505-521-7399
>GSC Associates Inc.          fax:     +1-505-521-9321
>5272 Redman Road             e-mail:  [email-masked]
>Las Cruces, NM 88011 USA
>---------------------------------------------------------
>
>

---------------------------------------------------------
Steve Carson                 phone:   +1-505-521-7399
GSC Associates Inc.          fax:     +1-505-521-9321
5272 Redman Road             e-mail:  [email-masked]
Las Cruces, NM 88011 USA
---------------------------------------------------------