Subject: PNG NP Vote has failed in JTC 1

From: Steve Carson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 16:39:10 -0700

The PNG NP has failed. Only the US, UK and Japan voted to participate,
giving us only 3 of the necessary 5 votes! Only one country (Korea) voted
against accepting the item into the program of work and they provided no
reasons for their vote.

SubCommittee Name.:  JTC1           
Document Number...:  5244      
Backward pointer..:                                               
Document Type.....:  Summary of Voting/Table of Replies                
Date Assigned.....:  1998.03.27
Document Title....:  Summary of Voting on Document JTC 1 N 5112,       
                     Proposal for a New Work Item on PNG (Portable     
                     Network Graphics)                                 
Due Date..........:            
Pages.............:    2
Disk Serial No....:       
Source............:  JTC 1 Secretariat                                 
Project Number....:                   
Status............:  This proposal has failed to meet the criteria for 
                     acceptance into the JTC 1 Programme of Work.      
Action Identifier.:  FYI 
Medium............:       

---------------------------------------------------------
Steve Carson                 phone:   +1-505-521-7399
GSC Associates Inc.          fax:     +1-505-521-9321
5272 Redman Road             e-mail:  [email-masked]
Las Cruces, NM 88011 USA
---------------------------------------------------------