Subject: JTC1/WG4 Workshop on Metadata

From: Steve Carson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 09:51:14 -0700

Does anyone from SC 24 wish to volunteer to represent us at this upcoming
workshop to be held in Paris on 22 May? If so please contact myself and
Jean Stride.

>Return-Path: <[email-masked]>
>X-Sender: [email-masked]
>Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 10:16:53 -0500
>To: [email-masked] (Steve Carson, SC24)
>From: [email-masked] (James David Mason)
>Subject: JTC1/WG4 Workshop on Metadata
>
>JTC1/WG4, Document Processing Languages, has received approval to hold a
>Workshop  on "guidelines for accessing data and metadata represented in
>SGML from databases, knowledge bases and search tools" in Paris on 22 May
>1998, after the end of GCA's conference SGML/XML Europe. The workshop is
>tentatively scheduled for the conference hotel, the Sofitel Rive Gauche
>(http://www.sofitel.mgn.fr/).
>
>SC24 is invited to send a delegation to the workshop.
>
>Additional information about the workshop is available in the proposal that
>went to JTC1, WG4 N1946 (http://www.ornl.gov/sgml/wg8/document/1946.htm).
>Information about the WG4 meeting, which is the week before the conference,
>is available on the agenda
>(http://www.ornl.gov/sgml/wg8/document/1961agd.htm). Conference information
>is available from GCA at http://www.gca.org/conf/paris98/paris.htm .
>
>
>Jim Mason
>
>
>
>

Steve Carson
Chair, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 24
Computer Graphics and Image Processing
---------------------------------------------------------
Steve Carson                 phone:   +1-505-521-7399
GSC Associates Inc.          fax:     +1-505-521-9321
5272 Redman Road             e-mail:  [email-masked]
Las Cruces, NM 88011 USA
---------------------------------------------------------