Subject: (SC24.362) SC24 Plenary

From: Jean Stride <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 1998 05:26:44 -0500

Hello,

Just so that you are aware I am on vacation from 24 May 1998 - 11 June
1998.
I would much rather we held a short meeting, after SIGGRAPH, in the Orlando
area.
>From a secretariat point of view this is how things currently stand:

IMAGING
As BIIF will be complete by then, there is no current work for WG 7, nor
any "formal" proposals
being put before SC 24 at the present. (NPs may come from the February
meeting)

PNG
Having spoken to one of the PNG editors,  we expect to launch the PNG FCD
in April, so it
 will still be under ballot in July, so "formally" we can not  edit/act on
it at that time.  (We could however
start preparing it in "ISO" format earlier).  The current  time for FCD
ballot is 6 months, although the draft 
JTC 1 directives propose 4m14days will become the norm (but this is not yet
approved).
There will need to be some kind of editing meeting in the Autumn.

GKS/PHIGS/CGM - no real business, just some editing work

IGBT - No firm work at present

I think the major task of  any SC 24 meeting will be to rethink our future
- we need to start some
concrete work if we are to continue as any knid of seperate entity

Jean