Subject: Re: (SC24.361) SC24 Plenary

From: "Richard Puk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 10:09:35 -0800

Steve --

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Carson <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Date: Tuesday, January 27, 1998 7:53 AM
Subject: (SC24.361) SC24 Plenary

>It has just been brought to my attention that SIGGRAPH98 is scheduled early
>this year, on 19-24 July 1998 (in Orlando, Florida USA.) We currently have
>the SC 24 1998 Plenary meeting scheduled for 16-22 July 1998 near London,
>UK. This is a conflict since many of us will be attending SIGGRAPH.

OOPS! I am definitely required to be at SIGGRAPH this year.

>
>Also, there is the issue of how much work there will be to do in our
>Working Groups in conjunction with this year's Plenary meeting. We have
>just completed some major pieces of work and the new work that we expect is
>not in most cases begum yet.
>
>The above two facts suggest the following:
>
>1) Shorten this year's SC 24 plenary and WG meetings. In this regard we
>need to hear from our WGs how many days of meeting time they require this
>year before the SC 24 plenary.

Won't there be some PNG review by then? There may also be some additional
VRML work to get started. How about MPEG-4 relationships?

>
>2) Consider moving the shortened meeting and holding it in the USA
>co-located with SIGGRAPH, to be held just before of just after SIGGRAPH. In
>this regard I need to hear from the USA whether they would be able to host
>a shortened SC 24 and WG meetings this summer.
>

OK by me. We would have to hold it in Orlando but we might be able to get
the SIGGRAPH 98 committee to arrange for meeting space.

How about alternative 3):

3) Consider moing the SC24 meeting back to its proper timeframe (early June)
and hold it somewhere in Europe that can actually host it at that time.

  -- Dick Puk

--------------------------------------------------------------------
 Richard F. Puk    Intelligraphics Incorporated
 7644 Cortina Court, Carlsbad, California  92009-8206 USA
 Tel: +1-760-753-9027    Fax: +1-760-753-9027
 E-Mail: [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------