Subject: SC24 Plenary

From: Steve Carson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 08:10:35 -0700

It has just been brought to my attention that SIGGRAPH98 is scheduled early
this year, on 19-24 July 1998 (in Orlando, Florida USA.) We currently have
the SC 24 1998 Plenary meeting scheduled for 16-22 July 1998 near London,
UK. This is a conflict since many of us will be attending SIGGRAPH.

Also, there is the issue of how much work there will be to do in our
Working Groups in conjunction with this year's Plenary meeting. We have
just completed some major pieces of work and the new work that we expect is
not in most cases begum yet.

The above two facts suggest the following:

1) Shorten this year's SC 24 plenary and WG meetings. In this regard we
need to hear from our WGs how many days of meeting time they require this
year before the SC 24 plenary.

2) Consider moving the shortened meeting and holding it in the USA
co-located with SIGGRAPH, to be held just before of just after SIGGRAPH. In
this regard I need to hear from the USA whether they would be able to host
a shortened SC 24 and WG meetings this summer.

---------------------------------------------------------
Steve Carson                 phone:   +1-505-521-7399
GSC Associates Inc.          fax:     +1-505-521-9321
5272 Redman Road             e-mail:  [email-masked]
Las Cruces, NM 88011 USA
---------------------------------------------------------