Subject: Sun Application to Become a PAS Submitter

From: Jean Stride <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 05:23:39 -0500

For information only

Jean
---------- Forwarded Message ----------

From:	Lisa Rajchel, INTERNET:[email-masked]
TO:	JTC1 NBs and SCs, INTERNET:[email-masked]
DATE:	10/11/97 16:12

RE:	Sun Application to Become a PAS Submitter

Sender: [email-masked]
From: Lisa Rajchel <[email-masked]>
To: JTC1 NBs and SCs <[email-masked]>
Subject: Sun Application to Become a PAS Submitter
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 10:57:33 -0500
Sender: [email-masked]

Dear Members:

The National Body review of Sun's response to the comments received on
their application to become a PAS Submitter concludes at close of
business (NYC time) on Friday, November 14th.  Please ensure that the
JTC 1 Secretariat receives confirmation of your vote, as per document N
5028, before 5:00 p.m. on November 14th.  The JTC 1 Chairman and
Secretariat will meet on Monday, November 17th to review the National
Body responses and prepare a voting summary.  

As you know, this particular application has generated much press
attention and both the JTC 1 Secretariat and ITTF expect to receive
numerous inquires concerning the status of Sun's application.

Therefore, regardless of the outcome of the National Body review, the
JTC 1 Chairman and Secretariat plan to issue a press release at close of
business on Monday, November 17th announcing the status of the Sun
application.  We expect to post this press release on the JTC 1 Web
site.  This will allow the JTC 1 Secretariat, the ITTF and National
Bodies to have a single source of information when responding to
inquiries.

Lisa A. Rajchel
American National Standards Institute
11 W. 42nd Street
New York, NY 10036
Tel:  1 212 642 4932
Fax:  1 212 398 0023
[email-masked]