From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 93 09:18:33 CDT

TO: Friends, colleagues, and distribution list owners

FROM:  Barry J Shepherd

On June 30th I will retire from IBM with a quarter century of
service.  I will remain active on standards committees (on my
personal budget) through at least the end of 1993.  I expect
that I will have permanent employment well before the end of
the year which will permit me to maintain my involvement with
SC24 and the other formal and consortia groups that are related
to multimedia.  Of course, any opportunities to consult in my
area of expertise would be of interest to me.

Please address all future correspondence to me at

         6205 Sotol Cove
         Austin, TX 78759     USA

         Telephone:  512 346 3300

         Internet:  72674.445 @ compuserve.com

         FAX (call for availability--when I get a second phone
                                     line)

I will not say good-bye in this message, because I expect to be
in contact with many of you on an ongoing basis.