Subject: OMG Application as a PAS Submitter

From: Steve Carson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 11:32:40 -0600

The "Application from the Object Management Group (OMG) for Recognition as 
a Submitter of Publicly Available Specifications" has been circulated by
                
JTC 1 as ISO/IEC  JTC 1 N 4801, dated 27 June 1997. It was circulated on
disk #140 which I just received last week. The letter ballot closes 10
October 1997.

Since we have had significant problems working with OMG on the PREMO
project, I suggest as a minimum we should comment on the application and
call attention to the statement we sent to JTC 1 several years ago
documenting our problems working with the OMG. 

Any one who wants to volunteer to help me draft a SC 24 position on this
application please e-mail back to me by this Friday, 25 July. I will then
mail you a copy of the N 4801 (OMG PAS application) (This is a 51 page
document.) The resulting position that we draft will be circulated on this
reflector for review prior to submission to JTC 1.

Those NBs with strong feelings on this matter might want to provide inputs
nationally to your JTC 1 counterpart organization since JTC 1 NB input will
count much more heavily than SC input on the ballot.

Steve Carson
Chair, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 24
Computer Graphics and Image Processing
---------------------------------------------------------
Steve Carson                 phone:   +1-505-521-7399
GSC Associates Inc.          fax:     +1-505-521-9321
5272 Redman Road             e-mail:  [email-masked]
Las Cruces, NM 88011 USA
---------------------------------------------------------