Subject: Imaging Business Team

From: Steve Carson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 1997 10:08:24 -0600

Since JTC 1 will not act on SC24's proposal for an Imaging Business Team
until September at the earliest, Ralph Goldsmith (WG 7 Convener) and I
would like to start off the preparatory work within SC24. At Kista, SC24
approved submitting the business team proposal to JTC1 but did not
explicitly approve an SC 24 Study Group in this area.

Therefore, I am asking if anyone objects to SC24 starting an Imaging Study
Group to function from now until JTC 1 charters a JTC 1 level Imaging
Business Team (at which time the work would transfer to that new entity).
If no NB objects by this Friday (July 11) I will assume we can proceed.
Anyone interested in participating should contact both myself and Ralph
Goldsmith by e-mail.

Steve Carson
Chair, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 24
Computer Graphics and Image Processing
---------------------------------------------------------
Steve Carson                 phone:   +1-505-521-7399
GSC Associates Inc.          fax:     +1-505-521-9321
5272 Redman Road             e-mail:  [email-masked]
Las Cruces, NM 88011 USA
---------------------------------------------------------