Subject: Important upcoming JTC 1 ballot

From: Steve Carson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 1997 14:49:12 -0600

Thanks to Ralph Goldsmith's excellent presentation to the JTC 1 ad-hoc last
week, they agreed to forward SC 24's proposal for an Imaging Business Team
for full JTC 1 letter ballot. It is very important that each SC 24 NB
prepare to lobby with its national JTC 1 counterpart in insure that this
ballot will pass. 

- - -

The applicable recommendation:

11. The JTC 1 Secretariat circulate document JTC 1 N 4732, Proposal from SC
24 for an Imaging Business Team, to JTC 1 National Bodies for a 60-day
letter ballot.  Comments received on this ballot will be considered at the
September 1997 JTC 1 Plenary meeting in Ottawa.

Steve Carson
Chair, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 24
Computer Graphics and Image Processing
---------------------------------------------------------
Steve Carson                 phone:   +1-505-521-7399
GSC Associates Inc.          fax:     +1-505-521-9321
5272 Redman Road             e-mail:  [email-masked]
Las Cruces, NM 88011 USA
---------------------------------------------------------