From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 93 11:20:45 CDT

TO: SC24 HODC contacts

FROM: Barry J Shepherd

SUBJECT: Initial list of HODC topics

The following topics are among those which need to be considered
by the HODC meetings, as well as the other attendees at the 1993
SC24 meetings in Steamboat Springs, USA.  All of the items on the
agenda are important, but the ones listed below may be difficult.

   Identification of candidate for SGML DTD for ISO standards.

   Position on the SC22 Language Independent Datatypes proposal.

   Position of SC21 Report on Programmatic Interfaces.

   Comments on the revision of the Computer Graphics Glossary.

From SC24 N927 (agenda for the SC24 plenary):

   Item 7  Liaison statement processing

   Item 8.3    Response to PREMO NP letter ballot comments

               Will PREMO include functions to control VCRs, CDs
                      and other similar devices?

   Item 8.4    Relationship of IIF to ODA (part 7 ?)

   Item 11.1   Standing documents (which ones, and how handled)

               Strategic planning (draft document?)

               Impact of patents (MPEG experience)

   Item 11.2   Liaison office duties

               Candidates for Class C liaison status

   Item 18    Press release

I expect to retire from IBM in June of this year.  However, I am
talking to two organizations about possible employment which would
allow me to continue my standards activities, including my role as
chairman of SC24.  I hope to be able to announce a successful
conclusion to my search prior to the SC24 meeting, which I WILL
attend for its entire duration.