Subject: SC24 projects to be canceled

From: Steve Carson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 1997 12:23:03 -0600

Here is the final list of project to be "canceled". Our appeals on GKS-94
Fortran 90 fell on deaf ears. Regarding PHIGS, what this means in effect is
that we are to conclude the present re-publication work but cannot start
any new PHIGS work without a NP.

Here is the contents of the JTC1 Secretariat's e-mail about the full
project list:

Attached please find document JTC 1 N 4633, List of JTC 1 Canceled Projects. 
The April 1997 JTC 1 Reengineering Ad Hoc Meeting in Berlin reviewed the 
proposed list of canceled projects as well as the National Body and 
Subcommittee contributions on this topic.  In accordance with 
recommendation 1 taken at the Ad Hoc meeting, the Secretariat has 
produced this final list. It contains those projects which still lack five 
participating National Bodies.  This document is circulated to JTC 1 
National Bodies for information and to JTC 1 Subcommittees for
immediate action as indicated.  National Bodies and Subcommittees are 
reminded that work can be brought into JTC 1 via either the NP or Fast Track 
process.  The Fast Track process was viewed as a viable alternative for 
several of the canceled projects, in particular for 1.24.02.09 and many of 
the SC 25 items.  

(I have extracted only the parts of the list relevant to SC24)

JTC 1 Projects for Cancellation
....
1.24.02.09	STOP/CANCEL	WD 8651-5 GKS-94 Fortran 90
1.24.03.12	COMPLETE PUBLICATION/CANCEL	9592-1/DAM 6, PHIGS Part 1/AMD 6
1.24.03.18	COMPLETE PUBLICATION/CANCEL	9592-3/DAM 4, PHIGS Part 3/AMD 4
1.24.03.19	COMPLETE PUBLICATION/CANCEL	9592-4/DAM 1, PHIGS Part 4/AMD 1
1.24.10.06.01	COMPLETE PUBLICATION /CANCEL	DIS 12089-1, IPI IIF ASN.1
1.24.10.07	COMPLETE PUBLICATION /CANCEL	ISO/IEC 12087-3/DAM 1, IPI Part
3/AMD 1
1.24.10.10	COMPLETE PUBLICATION /CANCEL	ISO/IEC 12087-2/DAM 1, IPI PIKS/AMD 1 
...

Steve Carson
Chair, ISO/IEC JTC1/SC24
Computer Graphics and Image Processing
---------------------------------------------------------
Steve Carson                 phone:   +1-505-521-7399
GSC Associates Inc.          fax:     +1-505-521-9321
5272 Redman Road             e-mail:  [email-masked]
Las Cruces, NM 88011 USA
---------------------------------------------------------