Subject: PNG

From: Steve Carson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 1997 10:36:49 -0700

This is an initial notice that we will be holding a meeting in Kista to
consider developing an ISO/IEC standard based on the W3C's Portable Network
Graphics (PNG) format. The PNG specification may be found at:  

http://www.w3.org/pub/WWW/TR/REC-png.html

or )if you want it in parts instead of all 215K at once)

http://www.w3.org/pub/WWW/TR/REC-png-multi.html

I am waiting to hear back from the W3C chairman about the dates that are
acceptable to them, but I expect that this meeting will take place during
the Metafile RG meeting on 22,23, or 24 May.

Steve Carson
Chair, ISO/IEC JTC1/SC24
Computer Graphics and Image Processing
---------------------------------------------------------
Steve Carson                 phone:   +1-505-521-7399
GSC Associates Inc.          fax:     +1-505-521-9321
5272 Redman Road             e-mail:  [email-masked]
Las Cruces, NM 88011 USA
---------------------------------------------------------