Subject: Table of replies for DIS 12089.2 -- Encoding for IIF

From: [email-masked] (Koreaki Fujimura)
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 96 13:43:04 JST

Today I received the table of replies for DIS 12089.2 -- Encoding for IIF --
from my upper body and I've been surprised to see there is no DISAPPROVAL vote.

There are two reasons for my surprise:

  1) We, SC24 in Japan, recommended its upper bodies to vote as DISAPPROVAL 
     and it was accepted as I informed to the SC24 WG7 experts (see the 
     attached mail #1),

  2) I expected ANSI would vote as DISAPPROVAL because it did so in the 
  first DIS ballot and the contents of the 2nd DIS is exactly the same
  as of the 1st DIS -- note that this ballot was done in order to
  revive the cancelled project.

Though I'm now asking my upper bodies to find where the mistake happened and 
how to recover the mistake formally, I think it is necessary to inform SC24
people of this problem first and I also ask SC24 WG7 experts to reconsider 
about the DIS disposition as I proposed before (see the attached mail #2).

Koreaki Fujimura

# We, almost all of Japanese people, will take New Year holidays from
tomorrow to 1/5.  
May I take this opportunity to wish you all a Happy and productive 1997.

	--- Attached mail #1 ---

Date: Sat, 2 Nov 96 12:19:26 JST
From: [email-masked] (Koreaki Fujimura)
Message-Id: <[email-masked]>
Subject: Vienna meeting and DIS 12089.2

Hello WG7 Members

	...

May I assume the cancellation is accepted considering other works --
PIKS Defect, PIKS Amd., O-O-PIKS and DIS 12089.2 ?

As for the last work, Japan has voted "No" to DIS 12089.2 
with the same rationale as we made at the first ballot, ...

	--- Attached mail #2 ---

Date: Fri, 13 Dec 96 16:51:02 JST
From: [email-masked] (Koreaki Fujimura)
Message-Id: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Dispositions for DIS 12089.2 ballot

Dear Ralph, 

you wrote 

> Date: Fri, 15 Nov 96 19:11:00 est
> Subject: Electronic Coordination - 961115
        ....
> I recognize that there are several other important subjects that we must 
> consider.  I would like to start electronic interactions at this time to 
> determine how much we can accomplish via email and then solicit your 
> recommendations to continue or discontinue plans for the Vienna meeting. 
>  I'd like to start with the following agenda:
        ...

How are the works going? 

I'm especially anxious about 

> 2. DIS 12089.2
>      - Japan's vote and rationale
>      - Disposition

because the ballot closed at 11/7 and deadlines are coming nearer and nearer.

We should make a disposition by correspondence. So I expect you to announce 
the schedule of actions which include:

        - to circulate the ballot result (with all accompanying comments)
        to all SC24 (or WG7) NBs,

        - to set asking the project editor to make a disposition draft
        with a clear deadline,

        - to circulate the disposition draft to NBs and request the comments
        with a clear deadline.

as soon as possible.

END