Subject: JTC1 Resolutions on PAS

From: Steve Carson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 1996 09:42:14 -0700

Resolution 11	PAS Transposition and Normative Referencing

JTC 1 encourages and invites its SCs/SWGs and NBs to identify candidate
PASs and actively work with the relevant potential PAS submitter to promote
these PASs within JTC 1.

JTC 1 recognizes that an open, positive attitude of its SCs and WGs towards
potential PAS submitters and their contributions is vital for the success
of the PAS process.

JTC 1 reminds its SCs that as part of the PAS process, as described in N
3582, it has offered SC counsel to PAS submitters. Therefore, JTC 1
encourages its SCs to assume, to the extent possible, an open, positive
attitude towards Recognized PAS Submitters and their potential
contributions, and requests the SCs to duly provide any counsel requested.

In addition, SCs are strongly encouraged to identify potential PAS
submitters  which could make valuable contributions to the SC work, and to
approach them pro-actively.

Recognized PAS submitters are invited to contact the appropriate national
PAS mentor or the JTC 1 chairperson in case of any difficulty encountered.

JTC 1 further encourages its subsidiary bodies to make use of normative
referencing whenever this is deemed appropriate, to bring about
market-oriented standards in a timely manner.

										Unanimous

Resolution 12	Extension of PAS trial period

JTC 1, having regard of resolution 13 of its Geneva Plenary (JTC 1 N 4058)
which established the PAS process for a trial period ending 1996, resolves
that the trial period for the PAS process be extended till the end of 1998.

										Unanimous

---------------------------------------------------------
Steve Carson                 phone:   +1-505-521-7399
GSC Associates Inc.          fax:     +1-505-521-9321
5272 Redman Road             e-mail:  [email-masked]
Las Cruces, NM 88011 USA
---------------------------------------------------------