Subject: Re[2]: (SC24.214) Web sites on programming languages (for la

From: "Huet Landry" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 96 08:34:44 EST

Ivan,

Try this!  I've included some information on Ada Libraries on the net and the 
Ada Information Clearinghouse web site and newsletter. (See below signature 
block.)

Huet Landry                   __o    Voice:  001-703-735-3565
[email-masked]        _`\<;_   Fax: 001-703-735-3257
DISA Center for Standards  (*)/ (*)  WWW: http:\\www.itsi.disa.mil

===============================================================================
Richard Conn, PAL Manager  |  [email-masked]
Opinions expressed herein are my own and not necessarily those of anyone else.
===============================================================================
Hello, Everyone,

I'm delighted to post the following announcement on tutorial material pertaining
to Ada95, Java, their interaction, and news and views at the upper DoD level.  
This is now available in the Public Ada Library on the Internet. For those of 
you who attended this event, this is the promised release of the material.  For 
those of you who did not, you may find the material to be of interest.

The new experimental Web-based PAL interface is now supporting an easy 
distribution of this material from two of the PAL's Internet sites.  The URLs 
for the new interfaces on these sites are:
http://www.cdrom.com/pub/ada/newpal.htm 
http://wuarchive.wustl.edu/languages/ada/newpal.htm

Note that the file type is HTM, not HTML.  WU Archive is the main PAL site, and 
it is very, very busy (over 200,000 systems accessed this site in April).
The CDROM site is in California, and, while also very busy, is somewhat more 
easily accessible.  From these Web pages, there is a set of HOT SPOT buttons,
and the one labeled "Adv Software Tech Open House" brings you directly to this 
material.

Enjoy!

Rick
==========================================================================

Ada Information Clearinghouse
P.O. Box 1866
Falls-Church, VA 22041
1-800/232-4211 or 703/681-2466
[email-masked]
http://sw-eng.falls-church.va.us 

To subscribe to the Ada News Brief listserv, send a message to:
[email-masked] 
In the body of the message, write:
subscribe adanews (your name)
To unsubscribe, write:
unsubscribe adanews

No signatures please.

______________________________ Reply Separator _________________________________
Subject: Re: (SC24.214) Web sites on programming languages (for langu
Author:  Jerry L. Smith at PKR2
Date:    6/25/96 5:11 AM

     Huet,

     Can you help Ivan on the ADA stuff?

     Thanks!

     Jerry

______________________________ Reply Separator _________________________________
Subject: (SC24.214) Web sites on programming languages (for language 
Author:  Ivan Herman <[email-masked]> at smtp 
Date:    6/24/96 9:00 AM

Dear collegues

on one of the head of delegations' meeting in Kyoto the issue of accessing 
up-to-date information on the programming languages we are interested in 
popped up. It was agreed that, eventually, I would add a list of web pointers 
to the SC24 web pages. However I am also not sure of having all necessary and 
best information at hand. We have therefore agreed to contact you if anybody 
can give me the best possible pointers.

What I have is:

 for Ada95: http://lglwww.epfl.ch:80/Ada

this seems to be a collection of an awful lot of information about Ada95, 
referenced by a lot of other people.

 for C++:   http://www.cwi.nl/~ivan/OnlineDocs/ISOC++/

This is much 'uglier': as you can see this is pointing into my own area. The 
point is that I could download, about a year ago, the full HTML version (using 
a set of compressed files!) of the C++ draft and I then installed it for 
myself. The problem is that 1) I do not remember where I downloaded from, so I 
do not know how to keep up to date 2) the ideal would be to have a URL for an 
official site and use this one.

That is all I have. I would appreciate your help

Ivan