Subject: Web sites on programming languages (for language bindings)

From: Ivan Herman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 1996 13:52:28 +0200

Dear collegues

on one of the head of delegations' meeting in Kyoto the issue of accessing 
up-to-date information on the programming languages we are interested in 
popped up. It was agreed that, eventually, I would add a list of web pointers 
to the SC24 web pages. However I am also not sure of having all necessary and 
best information at hand. We have therefore agreed to contact you if anybody 
can give me the best possible pointers.

What I have is:

	for Ada95: http://lglwww.epfl.ch:80/Ada

this seems to be a collection of an awful lot of information about Ada95, 
referenced by a lot of other people.

	for C++:   http://www.cwi.nl/~ivan/OnlineDocs/ISOC++/

This is much 'uglier': as you can see this is pointing into my own area. The 
point is that I could download, about a year ago, the full HTML version (using 
a set of compressed files!) of the C++ draft and I then installed it for 
myself. The problem is that 1) I do not remember where I downloaded from, so I 
do not know how to keep up to date 2) the ideal would be to have a URL for an 
official site and use this one.

That is all I have. I would appreciate your help

Ivan