Subject: Accessing the SC 24 Distribution Site

From: Jean Stride <[email-masked]>
Date: 23 May 96 06:34:41 EDT

Hello,

I have recently had reports of problems accessing the SC 24 document site -
please 
find below some updated instructions which I hope you will find more helpful.
All problems notified will be addressed at the SC 24 IT meeting in Kyoto - these
problem
can not be solved unless I receive feed-back from members.

Please help us to help you !!

SC 24 WEB site	
 
Access to the SC24  site can be either via the SC 24 Home Page on the WWW
  (URL:http//www.cwi.nl/JTC1SC24/)

or directly to the machines in the CGU :

ftp cguhpa.cgu.mcc.ac.uk   (or use cguhpb.... or cguhpc...)

In either case a user name and passwrod are required, to ensure that
only official recipients of SC 24 documentation can access the
site. As a member of SC 24, you are requested to assist in preventing
misuse of the site by not making the user-name and password publicly
available. 

The details you need to access the site are: 

UserName: sc24
Password: doc-dist

Jean Stride
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 24 Secretariat