Subject: Re: (SC24.176) SC6 paper

From: [email-masked] (Steve Carson)
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 1995 20:44:34 -0500

At 10:41 6/12/95, Anne Mumford wrote:
>We need to ensure that SC6 do not end up negotiating for
>everyone in JTC1 regarding internet standards. We should
>ensure that it is clear that this is lower layers
>

Please note that SC6 is setting the rules and procedures by which all of
JTC1 will interact with the Internet Society, but not the technical details
in each specific area.. I circulated the draft version of the MOU to C24
several months ago and received no comments back. I am continuig to work on
my own with the chairs of SC6, SC18 and SC21 to polish and refine these
rules. I can pass on the latest version to anyone who wants to see them.

Steve Carson
Chair, ISO/IEC JTC1/SC24

---------------------------------------------------------
Steve Carson                 phone:   +1-505-521-7399
GSC Associates Inc.          fax:     +1-505-521-9321
5272 Redman Road             e-mail:  [email-masked]
PO Box 8698
Las Cruces, NM 88006-8698 USA
---------------------------------------------------------