Subject: New Procedures Cover Memo

From: [email-masked] (Steve Carson)
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 1995 08:48:20 -0500

SC24 has been asked by SC6 to review and comment on a draft set of "New SC
6 Procedures for Cooperation with the Internet Society". Once adopted,
these are likely to become a precedent for the way that SC's 18, 24 and 29
might interact with the Internet Society in the future.

This message is the cover page explaining things. The procedures themselves
will follow in a separate message.

If any of you have comments, please get them to me by e-mail by 1200 UTC on
Wednesday 19 April.

-------
From:     John L. Wheeler      SC6 Chair

To:       Stacy Leistner       SC6 Secretariat
          Lisa Rajchel         JTC 1 Secretariat
          Michael Smith        ITTF
          Jack Houldsworth     SC6 Liaison to Internet
          Stev Knowles         Internet Society
          Tom Frost            SC18 Chair
          Paul Bartoli         SC21 Chair
          George Carson        SC24 Chair
          Hiroshi Yasuda       SC29 Chair
          Jim Craigie          SC18 Representative

Subject:  New SC 6 Procedures for Cooperation with the Internet Society

Date:     4 April 1995

You have all probably heard of the new cooperative agreement between SC6
and the Internet Society.  It identifies cooperation and recognition as
goals and also envisions collaboration between the two organizations.
The agreement calls for the development of proposed new procedures for
SC6 that would make possible future common text standards for the two
organizations.

At its meeting in Geneva in October 1994, JTC1 called on SC6 to develop
draft proposed new procedures and to work in cooperation with all the
organizations listed above to finalize those procedures.  SC6 met in
Beppu, Oita, Japan in March and approved draft new procedures for this
purpose.  It called upon me to distribute this draft for information and
comment, and to convene a meeting to review the document and to seek
input.

I am sending you in a separate message the text of the proposed new SC6
procedures, for your information and comment by return Email no later
than 21 April.  I also expect to convene a meeting to discuss this
subject in New York during the first half of May.  Please let me know of
your desire to attend such a meeting, and your preferences for specific
dates early in May.

Thank you for your help with these procedures and your quick response.
You may reach me at:

Wintergreen Information Services
159 West Main Street, Suite 347
Webster, NY  14580  USA

Tel:  +1-716-671-4087
Fax:  +1-716-872-6158
Email  [email-masked]

-----John L. (Jack) Wheeler

---------------------------------------------------------
Steve Carson                 phone:   +1-505-521-7399
GSC Associates Inc.          fax:     +1-505-521-9321
5272 Redman Road             e-mail:  [email-masked]
PO Box 8698
Las Cruces, NM 88006-8698 USA
---------------------------------------------------------