Subject: JTC1 Guide for electronic distribution

From: [email-masked] (Steve Carson)
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 1995 10:41:11 -0600

As requested by JTC1 Secretariate, I am passing along the following message
to SC24 NBs:
-------

Dear Colleages,

Attached is a RTF file containing document JTC 1 N 3413, the formatting guide
for electronic distribution of JTC 1 documents.  As per the agreements
reached at the October JTC 1 Plenary meeting in Geneva, implemetation of
electronic document distribution within JTC 1 begins 1 March 1995.  This
document serves as the basis for that implementation.

I am sending this document to you via e-mail as 1 March will soon be upon
us!  I am also distributing this document via the normal "paper" route.
Please distribute this widely within your committee.  As you begin to use
this guide, the JTC 1 Working Group on Strategy for the Implementation of IT
would welcome your comments based on your experiences.  If possible, we
would appreciate receiving these comments prior to the June JTC 1 plenary
meeting in Sweden.

I look forward to working with all of you via electronic means.  If I can be
of further assistance in this matter, please let me know.

Good Luck

Lisa
Rajchel

------
I am not passing along the document as I received it (in "rtf") since the
format was bad and took some manual cleanup to successfully decode.
Instead, I have attached the text form, which my mailer will MIME-encode in
a form that is still readable by everyone:

---------------------------------------------------------
Steve Carson                 phone:   +1-505-521-7399
GSC Associates Inc.          fax:     +1-505-521-9321
5272 Redman Road             e-mail:  [email-masked]
PO Box 8698
Las Cruces, NM 88006-8698 USA
---------------------------------------------------------