Subject: GKS (fwd)

From: Chris Cartledge <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 1994 18:30:29 +0000 (GMT)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 94 18:18:58 GMT
From: K W Brodlie <[email-masked]>
...

GKS

I have been invited to speak at a seminar on Graphics Programming
next month, and this is a chance to promote GKS-94, the revision
of GKS which has just been published.

I need to relate this to the old GKS, and I would like to get a feel
from the international community how much GKS is still in
active use - and indeed how much sites may rely on its
existence.

Could you spare a couple of minutes to tell me:

(i) Is GKS used significantly in your country?

(ii) If so...which implementations do you use?

Which languages?

Roughly how many users program in GKS?

Are there significant application packages which rely on GKS?

(iii) Do you think there would be interest in your
country in an implementation of GKS-94?

Please add any other comments you want to make about GKS.

Please e-mail back to:

Ken Brodlie, ISO GKS Rapporteur
[email-masked]

Very many thanks!