Subject: urgent

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 09:18:07 +0000

FROM THE DESK OF DR. RAGI RASAKA 
BILL AND EXCHANGE MANAGER, 
AFRICAN DEVELOPMENT BANK 
OUAGADOUGOU, BURKINA FASO. 
TEL:00226-81-04-32 

I know that this letter may come to you as a surprise but due to the urgency
of this transaction. I am the manager of bill and exchange at the foreign
remittance department of African Development bank(ADB). 

I am writing to you, following the impressive information received about
you from the chambers of commerce. I believed that you are capable and reliable
to champion this business opportunity. In my department we discovered an
abandoned sum of $30m US dollars (Thirty million US dollars) . In an account
that belongs to one of our foreign customer who died along with his entire
family in November 1998 in a plane crash. 

Since we got information about his death, we have been expecting his next
of kin to come over and claim his money because we cannot release it unless
somebody applies for it as next of kin or relation to the deceased as indicated
in our banking guidelines but unfortunately we learnt that all his supposed
next of kin or relation died alongside with him at the plane 
crash leaving nobody behind for the claim. It is therefore upon this discovery
that I and other officials in my department now decided to make this business
proposal to you and release the money to you as the next of kin or relation
to the deceased for safety and subsequent disbursement since nobody is coming
for it and we don't want this money to go into the Bank treasury as unclaimed
Bill. 

The Banking law and guideline here stipulates that if such money remained
unclaimed after five years, the money will be transferred into the Bank
treasury as unclaimed fund. The request of foreigner as next of kin in this
business is occasioned by the fact that the customer was a foreigner and
a Burkinabe cannot stand as next of kin to a foreigner. 

We agree that 30% of this money will be for you as foreign partner, in respect
to the provision of a foreign account, 10 % will be set aside for expenses
incurred during the business and 60 % would be for me and my colleagues.
There after I and my colleagues will visit your country for disbursement
according to the percentages indicated. 

Therefore to enable the immediate transfer of this fund to you as arranged,
you must apply first to the bank as relations or next of kin of the deceased

indicating your bank name, your bank account number, your private telephone
and fax number for easy and effective communication and location where in
the money will be remitted . 

Upon receipt of your reply, I will send to you by fax or email the text
of the application. I will not fail to bring to your notice that this transaction
is hitch free and that you should not entertain any atom of fear as all
required arrangements have been made for the transfer . 

You should contact me immediately as soon as you receive this letter. 

Trusting to hear from you immediately. 

Yours faithfully, 

Dr. Ragi Rasaka
Bill and exchange manager, 
African Development bank ADB