Subject: REQUEST FOR ASSISTANCE

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 03:04:19 -0800

FROM THE DESK OF:
MR.OLIVER PETERSON
TEL:+27-73-4020-560
FAX:+27-72-6214-332

                    URGENT ATTENTION NEEDED

ATTN: DIRECTOR (C.E.O) 

It is my pleasure to inform you of a transaction Involving the transfer
of Twenty Million Five Hundred Thousand United States Dollars (US$ 20.5M)
to a foreign account for safe keeping pending my arrival with my colleagues
for sharing with you as the account owner. I am a media-relations accountant
with the South African Anglo-Gold Corporation in Johannesburg and this money
originated from an over-invoiced contract executed for the co-operation
some time ago. 

On completion and inspection of the contract, The payment voucher was approved
and the money involved made available for the payment to the contractors.
We are high profile officials therefore we are not liable to come for the
claim of this money. We are looking for a competent and honest company or
individual abroad whose particulars will be tendered by us here in South
Africa as one of the contractors that executed the projects for the collection
of this money.
 
To effect this transfer, I therefore request the following: Your account
number, The name of your bank, address, where this money will be transferred
into and also your Fax and Telephone numbers for quick and confidential
communication. Upon due consideration, you were strongly and reliably recommended
to us although we have not met before as to know the extent of your honesty,
but based on the recommendation, I personally want to believe that you will
not sit on our money once finally into your account. 

It is on this note that I sidered it proper to write you asking for your
consent, permission and support to transfer this money into your account.
You should not fear any risk because we have concluded arrangements to safeguard
you in this transaction but at the same time we would not like you to publicise
this transaction for our own safety. Therefore it requires a high level
of secrecy, and confidence. 

Meanwhile this is the break down of the sharing modalities: 

1.) 10% will be used to incure all charges during the cost of this transfer.
2.) 30% will be given to you for using your account. 
3.) 60% will belong to the originators of the fund.

I shall expect an immediate reply from you if you are willing and capable
to assist. Please note that all correspondence should be strictly through
Phone and e-mail above. 

Yours truly, 
MR. OLIVER PETERSON