Subject: JTC 1 WG on Strategy for Implementation of IT

From: Jean Stride <[email-masked]>
Date: 25 Nov 94 06:15:25 EST

I recently received JTC 1 document N3292 which calls for membership in a JTC 1
WG on Strategy
for Implementation of IT (extracts below)

"In accordance with Resolution 42 of the JTC 1 Plenary Meeting in Geneva, 25-28
October 1994
(Ref JTC 1 N3287), JTC 1 has established a WG ot continue the activities of the
JTC 1 Geneva 
Plenary Ad Hoc Group C between now and June 1995 JTC 1 Plenary meeting in
Sweden.  The WG
will produce a JTC 1 Formatting Guide (for electronic documents) by 1 February
1995, and an evaluation of how the implementation has progressed.

JTC 1 has appointed the JTC 1 Secretariat as Convener of the WG and the Sc 7
Secretariat as Editor of the Formatting Guide.

National Bodies, Subcommittees and Subcommittee Secretariats are encouraged to
participate in the WG; it is recommended that electronic mail access be required
of the WG Participants".

I think it would be beneficial to nominate a member of SC 24 to participate on
this WG  - any volunteers please submit your names to me by 12 December 1994.

MANY THANKS.