Subject: VersaCheck for Quicken/Quickbooks & Money!

From: Nelson Bennett <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2003 05:15:39 -0700

Print Checks,
Save Using Computer

Mark Kellner

THE WASHINGTON TIMES

Published 4/8/2002

For
several years, I've written and sent checks to people without ordering
the checks from a bank or check-printing firm. Instead, I've done it using
my PC, a printer and some remarkable software that has recently been released
in a new version.

VersaCheck 2002 Premium Plus, which retails for $80 in stores and online
from www.versacheck.com,
offers total freedom in check creation, while aligning the finished product
with bank standards. (Your bank won't necessarily tell you this, but there's
no requirement that you have to buy checks from them in order to use their
services.)

Starting with a choice of size - the large business format or the personal
wallet style - VersaCheck 2002 offers a wide range of templates for checks
that are filled in by hand as well as those you fill in and print from
the screen. This latter, of course, is a feature found in programs such
as Intuit's Quicken, QuickBooks and Microsoft's Money software, but those
publishers want to sell you their printed checks, again at a substantial
price and, one imagines, a nice profit for the software firm.

The difference with VersaCheck 2002 - and this is key - is that the program
does the printing, the filling-in if you want, and prints checks on paper
that comes in the package (enough for 150 checks) and can be bought at
just about every major office-

supply
store. Want to change the way your checks look? Has your telephone area
code or postal ZIP code been revised? Switch banks lately? Any or all
of these can be altered quickly and easily with the VersaCheck software,
and this means there is virtually no waste of checks.

How artistic you want to be with a check depends on your interest and
ability. You can add logos for yourself and your bank, as well as background
pictures (the new program features a very nice American flag picture).
You can print checks with your signature (scanned in), or you can sign
them manually if desired. The finished product incorporates "microprinting"
as a security feature, and when using paper from G7 Productivity Systems,
the program's publisher, other security features are incorporated into
the blank paper, making for a finished product that's almost indistinguishable
from the bank-sold product, except the cost is 50 percent to 80 percent
less. If you want VersaCheck 2002 to do the filling-in for you (something
those with less-than-perfect handwriting might appreciate), you need to
create an electronic "checkbook," which is an on-screen register in which
you record payments and deposits. This data can be easily exported to
those other financial programs - Quicken, Money and QuickBooks - so that
you or your accountant can work with the data as needed.

In this new version, setting up a checking account and designing a check
are both easier than in previous editions. The interface is much more
graphical, meaning the program walks you through the necessary steps in
order to create the account, enter the special coding for the routing
and account information printed on the bottom of the check and select
the various fonts you want

for your name and address, as well as that of the bank.

You can use either an inkjet or laser printer to produce your checks,
and they will be acceptable to your bank. At one point, checks had to
be printed with magnetic-sensitive ink for the bank's check readers; today,
most banks use optical scanners that can read checks with any sort of
printing, magnetic, inkjet or laser.

It's a very impressive program overall, and gives consumers and small
businesses the same power that larger corporations have, and then some.
For example, the VersaCheck 2002 Premium Plus software lets you send and
receive "electronic" checks via the Internet or e-mail. Your recipient
can print out the check and deposit the money in his account easily; in
the reverse, you could send an invoice via e-mail and get payment almost
instantly.

Given the hassles of using the U.S. Postal Service (far greater in Washington,
D.C., and environs since September 11) and the pending first-class postage
rate increase to 37 cents in July, sending and receiving payments via
e-mail makes a lot of sense. This software, and a feature called Qchex.com,
make it possible. (If you have what's known as a "merchant account" to
accept credit cards, VersaCheck 2002 Premium Plus has a built-in "terminal"
that lets you process, and record, those payments.)

This is a program you'll want to get. It's an investment that I believe
will pay off well for years to come, especially when you don't have to
wait for checks to come in the mail, or for the cost the bank slaps you
with.

Promotional Section

Special
offer from G7: FREE Products!

Shipped in Full Retail Packaging

Pick up to 5 of each!

Fortune.

(149.99 value)

eXpressForms
2000

(129.99 value)

TransForm
Personal

(59.99 value)

VersaClips

(19.99 value)

• Fortune:
Relationship manager and addressbook

• DataScan: Business card and telephone directory
scanning software

• ExpressForms 2000: Forms, Invitation and Greeting
Card generator to publish on the Internet

• TransForm Personal: Scan and convert your
paper forms into editable electronic forms in seconds.

• VersaClips: Accentuate your checks, website
and documents with handcrafted background images.

Click on any of the graphics above to add
your FREE products!

Please
call 800-303-2620 for questions or assistance regarding these offers.

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Art Foster

Customer Relationship Executive

800-303-2620

To change your communication preferences Click
Here

or simply reply to this E-mail with UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject line.