Subject: URGENT ASISTANCE

From: MR AUSTIN MAKEBA <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 21:36:57 +0100

Dr.Austin Makeba
E-mail: [email-masked]
                 STRICTLY  CONFIDENTIAL  &  URGENT.
Dear Sir,
I am Dr. Austin Makeba, a native of Cape Town in South Africa and I am an
Executive Accountant with the South Africa Department of Mining & Natural
Resources. First and foremost, I apologized using this medium to reach you
for a transaction/business of this magnitude, but this is due to
Confidentiality and prompt access reposed on this medium. Be informed that
a member of the South Africa Export Promotion Council (SEPC) who was at
the Government delegation to your country during a trade exhibition gave
your enviable credentials/particulars to me. I have decided to seek a
confidential co-operation with you in the execution of the deal described
Here under for the benefit of all parties and hope you will keep it as a
top secret because of the nature of this transaction.
Within the Department of Mining & Natural Resources where I work as an
Executive Accountant and with the cooperation of four other top officials,
we have in our possession as overdue payment bills totaling Twenty - Six
Million, Five Hundred Thousand U. S. Dollars ($26,500,000.) which we
want to transfer abroad with the assistance and cooperation of a foreign
company/individual to receive the said fund on our behalf or a reliable
foreign non-company account to receive such funds. More so, we are
handicapped in the circumstances, as the South Africa Civil Service Code
of Conduct does not allow us to operate offshore account hence your
importance in the whole transaction.
This amount $26.5m represents the balance of the total contract value
executed on behalf of my Department by a foreign contracting firm, which
we the officials over-invoiced deliberately. Though the actual contract
cost have been paid to the original contractor, leaving the balance in the
tune of the said amount which we have in principles gotten approval to
remit by Telegraphic Transfer (T.T) to any foreign bank account you will
provide by filing in an application through the Justice Ministry here in
South Africa for the transfer of rights and privileges of the former
contractor to you.
I have the authority of my partners involved to propose that should you be
willing to assist us in the transaction, your share of the sum will be 25%
of the $26,.5 million, 70% for us and 5% for taxation and miscellaneous
expenses. The business itself is 100% safe, on your part provided you
treat it with utmost secrecy and confidentiality. Also your area of
specialization is not a hindrance to the successful execution of this
transaction. I have reposed my confidence in you and hope that you will
not disappoint me. Endeavor to contact me immediately through my above
e-mail address, whether or not you are interested in this deal. If you
are not, it will enable me scout for another foreign partner to carry out
this deal I want to assure you that my partners and myself are in a
position to make the payment of this claim possible provided you can give
us a very strong Assurance and guarantee that our share will be secured and
please remember to treat this matter as very confidential matter, because
we will not comprehend with any form of exposure as we are still in active
Government Service and remember once again that time is of the essence in
this business.
I wait in anticipation of your fullest co-operation.
Yours faithfully,
Dr. Austin Makeba.