Subject: RE: Hard copies

From: "Alain LaBont/e'/" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 1996 17:04:08 -0400

At 16:31 1996-7-18 edt, MARISA TOPPING wrote:
>
>I did receive a hard copy - the only thing I need now is 9995-7/Am 1 Final 
>Text and the Disposition of Comments on 9995-7/DAM 1 in electronic form.
>
>I was under the impression (from a fax I received from Saburou)  that there 
>were slight error  to the text that I had received (from Mr. Helmut Horner) 
>and was waiting for the final electronic version with the corrected text.
>
>Please let me know if this is a problem.  Thank you.

I think it was just a formatting problem due to A4/8½x10 discrepancies.

To be sure, I will send you by email a copy of the electronic files in RTF
format (this just has then to be cut and pasted under Win/Write, then saved
as a *text* file and then read by WinWord6 as an RTF file, which is just an
plain-ASCII file that Word recognizes). Easy, isn't it, computers are
formidable tools )-: (-:

But... the eletronic file of the AM1 itself has 3 characters that show a
GREEK UPPER CASE GAMMA SANS SERIF instead of the decimal delimiter symbol. I
had to make a diagonal by hand and fill it to give a pure black rectangle
triangle with the apex down-pointing and with the right angle on the
left-hand-side to reflect the *exact* symbol we are talking about. When
receiving this file and printing it, refer to the hard copy you already have
to see where to correct.

I will correct my file to 8½x10 instead of A4 before sending so that you
won't have the problems I had printing here and which we had in Japan also
because Microsoft told us it is not sufficient to say it is in A4, other
things have to be done to the printer (according to Asmus Freytag), but
documentation does not say so because normally A4 is used in A4 countries
and 8½x10 is used in USA and Canada which are not supposed to use A4!!!!
They don't say either that a Word file generated with a national version
will have a problem with a national version of another country!!!

Regards.

Alain LaBonté