Subject: Hard copies

From: "Alain LaBont/e'/" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 1996 14:04:46 -0400

Nohara San,

I have received your latest fax and request. It is not me who said I had not
received the redistribution of the hard copies of the Amendment 1 to ISO/IEC
9995-7 which I prepared in Hamamatsu nor the resolution of comments on the
DAM1 ballot, it was Ms. Topping, SC18 secretary at ANSI, who had sent an
email saying this to me.

Regarding the request to TC145 about the registration of one of the symbols,
my understanding was that Anette was handling this as she is the chairperson
of ISO TC 145 anyway. The document I had prepared in Hamamatsu for that
request was obsolete before the end of the meeting, I believe (the symbol
had been changed in the discusssion between the keyboard and the symbol
subgroups). I think Anette does not have email. Could you try, if possible,
to clarify this with her? The best document of reference is the AM 1 itself
to be sure there is no misunderstanding. And as you know, the electronic
copy does not allow to prevent a misundertanding (the fonts used are wrong
and I had to correct them manually).

I'm overlaoded these days... but nevertheless I will cooperate my best. I
also need some administrative help though (and it is very painful to handle
faxes both in and out, for me, so I look as an excellent news your
announcing me the bettering of your email line capacity for next month.

With my warmest and best regards.

Domo Arigato.

Saionara.

Alain LaBonté
Québec
editor, ISO/IEC 9995

cc New SC18 list, Ms. Topping, ANSI