Subject: RE: Hard copies

From: "Alain LaBont/e'/" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 1996 17:27:33 -0400

At 17:05 1996-7-18 edt, MARISA TOPPING wrote:
>
>This all seems so difficult for you.  If you could just send me another hard 
>copy (I did not keep the last one since I thought there was an error), and I 
>will send out in paper (this is fine if there are graphical symbols or 
>charts involved).  What do you think?

I will do this tomorrow then, if I can solve my printing problems too (we
had a Novell server problem today, compound with my A4/8½x10 problem and the
bad symbol due to the lack of fonts!)

But in fact sending you a RTF file would not be a problem for me, Word can
directly generate RTF files... it would be on your side to cut-and-paste
into Write in text format from your email software, then read it in Word in
RTF format, a lot of manipulations to which I am used but which I understand
is not so easy for end-users of PCs and also error-prone. But it is easier
and faster, still, than diskettes, which which I don't have much success, in
addition to the fact that files are often incompatible so ping-pong boucing
takes in this case a long time, unacceptable in ISO work, when we meet every
6 months and all ballots having to be made in a timeframe of 6 months almost
sharp, too sharp.

Conclusion: I will reprint the 2 files at my office tomorrow (hopefully no
printer problem), send you the hard copy by fax and we'll forget for the
moment the electonic file (if central secretariat wants it to ease
publishing then, they can ask me, they are used to manipulations of the kind
I'm talking about). 

What is your fax number to avoid searching in my mess? (-:

Writing from home.

Regards.

Alain LaBonté