Subject: Re: TR: ISO/IEC DIS 14755 ballot (Input methods)

From: "Alain LaBont/e'/" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 1996 09:07:28 -0500

At 10:38 96-11-22 +0100, Hops, Brenda wrote:
>
>Marisa,
>
>I'm sending you by UPS today the usual accompanying letter + table or 
>replies + comments for this document.

Ms. Hop,

Btw I have seen the table sent to me by Mr. Nohara (SC18/WG9 secretariat in
Tokyo). ITTF counts Japan as having voted yes while they voted no, but for a
reason which could be interpreted as a *nyes* (they say the standard should
have been a technical report, which could imply that you considered this was
not unfavourable, am I wrong ?) What is the reasoning behing the tabulation
made for Japan by ITTF ?

Do I consider the Japanese vote as a NO vote, or like you tabulated it, as a
YES vote with comments (in which case it would be unanimous adoption) ? In
the draft resolution of comments, I corrected this to consider it a NO vote
as that is explicitly what Japan says in its comment. I can change this if I
am instructed specifically to do so.

Alain LaBonté
Editor, ISO/IEC 14655