Subject: Re: FW: ISO/IEC 9995-7/Amendment 1 + ISO/IEC DIS 14755 ballot

From: "Alain LaBont/e'/" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 1996 09:38:59 -0500

Hi Marisa,

I just got the annexed message, I was on business trip (CEN/TC 304 seminar
in Bled, Slovenia, where I gave a speech on the standards for which I'm the
editor, and chaired a session) and had not had the possibility to take my
messages for a week.

I will contact Mr. Spangler to resend him the file. I think that what they
had before, if they got it, might have been encoded in RTF. I recently made
a report to Mr. Brannon when I discovered that fonts were not transmitted
when one uses the RTF format under Word, even if the font-imbedding option
has been toggle-clicked, which is essential in this case. Transmission of
this file has to be done in WORD format (MIME-encoded on the Internet).

Btw can you get for me the last results of the JTC1 ballot on Input methods
that ended on November 10? At our WG9 London meeting we knew that the DIS
had past but some votes were missing, the most important one being that of
Germany. We were also expecting a vote from Sweden. If I get those I will
complete the resolution of comments and send the final texts to Mr. Brannon.

Best Regards.

Alain LaBonté

cc Mr. Spangler (ISO Central Secretariat), 
   Mr. Brannon (ITTF/Standards Publishing management), 
   Mr. Nohara (SC18/WG9 secretariat), 
   SC18WG9 list
_________________________________________

At 17:34 14/11/1996 -0500, MARISA TOPPING wrote:
>
>Hi Alain.  Can you respond to me on this response or directly to Mr. 
>Spangler at [email-masked].  Thanks alot.
> ----------
>From: Spangler, John
>To: 'Topping, Marisa'
>Subject: ISO/IEC 9995-7/Amd.1
>Date: Thursday, November 07, 1996 4:03PM
>
>
>Dear Ms Topping,
>
>We never received a clean paper and electronic copy of 9995-7/Amd.1 from
>Alain LaBonte. We have only the fax copy you sent with your letter to Keith
>Brannon dated 96-07-29 asking us to publish. Could you please have these
>sent to us? If they arrive soon enough, we may still be able to publish in
>1996. Thanks very much.
>
>Best regards,
>John Spangler