Subject: Disposition of comments on ISO/IEC DIS 14755 ballot (see ballot result: SC18/WG9 N 1627)

From: "Alain LaBont/e'/" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 1996 12:43:30 -0400

Title:          Disposition of comments on ISO/IEC DIS 14755 ballot 
         
Reference:      Ballot result: SC18/WG9 N 1627

Source:         Alain LaBonté, project editor

Project:        JTC1.18.65

Date:           1996-10-07
__________________

AUSTRIAN COMMENTS:

General comments:
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Subclause 5.1, p. 7

To cater for multiple character entry, as this might be a desirable feature
that was removed by mistake prior to the CD ballot, a recommendation will be
added so as not to create a new mandatory technical requirement after the
third paragraph (the one preceding examples):

If an option for multiple character entry is provided by a conforming system
or application, then the SPACE BAR shall be used as an ending sequence that
generates the character previously entered and as a new beginning sequence
for another character. This acts as a locking mechanism for the mode in
which operates the basic method.

Clause 1, p. 4

Because of the previous, the remark of Austria is considered satisfied in a
better way without changing that clause.

Clause 5. Comment rejected as this would be detrimental to deaf people. The
suggestion is just an example of how a warning can be implemented.

Detailed comments:
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Clause 1, p. 4: Comment accepted.

Subclause 5.4, p. 14: to make all languages equal (a French version of the
UCS is also planned and some national versions make use of character names
in other languages [ex. : Sweden]), the following parenthesis will be added
after "the natural language of the user" : "(when this is applicable)".