Subject: DIS 14755 - Version française

From: "Alain LaBont/e'/" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 1996 16:31:24 -0400

Marisa,

I received SC18 N 5385, DIS on input methods, with an ISO/IEC official cover
letter provided by ANSI, specifying your name. This document was prepared
originally in both French and English and according to ISO directives, it
should be then distributed to *all* national bodies in both languages for
the ballot. N 5385 is for information only to SC18 members, I received it
only in English (I do not like it, but I can live with it even if is it sad
for the editor and his coworkers who made efforts to use two official ISO
languages which are much more spoken by members than what some want to
believe; in the past, in SC18/WG9, French versions have been useful even to
correct English texts, and in many cases comments to that effect were
received from non-officially-French-speaking countries [in particular
Germany, but also USA and UK]).

Was the DIS ballot made to respect ISO directives? This was a resolution of
SC18/WG9 in Hamamatsu in April, this was specifically said with insistance,
even if it should have gone without saying. Please check. This is important.

Regards.

Alain LaBonté

bcc Keith Brannon (ISO Central Secretariat)
    SC18WG9 email list
    CAC/SC18/WG9 
    Douglas Langlotz (Conseil canadien des normes) 
    Jean-François Legendre (AFNOR CN18)
    france_langue