Subject: Unicode 1.0 draft -- contact info

From: Dominic Dunlop <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 91 08:58:03 GMT

Internationalization people,

I urge those of you interested in character set issues to obtain drafts
of Unicode 1.0.  Unicode is a fixed-width 16-bit coded character set
designed to satisfy almost all reasonable requirements in almost all
parts of the world.  (Well, I think it's really arbitrary multiples of
16 bits: it has non-spacing diacritical marks.)  It is being developed
by a consortium of hardware and software suppliers including Apple,
Sun, IBM, Microsoft, NeXT, Claris and Xerox.

Unicode 1.0 is in its final review phase.  I have established that
subscribers to these mail lists can request copies of the draft from:

	Asmus Freytag
	Bldg. 2/Flr. 2
	Microsoft Corporation
	One Microsoft Way
	Redmond, WA 98052-6399
	USA

	Email: [email-masked]
	Phone: +1 206 882 8080
	Fax:   +1 206 883 8101

-- 
Dominic Dunlop