Subject: localedef hebrew problem

From: Tom Garland SMI European Software Centre <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 1997 10:43:02 +0100 (BST)

Hi,
can anyone help with this problem?

Problem:

Even though I defined hebrew characters in the LC_CTYPE/alpha section
of the hebrew locale definition file, a call to 'isalpha(c)' with an
Hebrew character return false. The same problem occures with 'graph' and
'print' sub sections as well.

Why does it happen?:

1. /usr/include/ctype.h header.
   This header has an #ifdef which forces a primitive macro, instead
   accessing the libc is*class*() routines. I had to modify a local copy of
   ctype.h to overcome this.
   
2. localedef ignores alpha,graph,print sections.
   I suspect localedef does not take into acount the definitions
   in the alpha/graph/print sections. The contents of he.chrtbl.c file,
   created by localedef, seem to support this suspicion.
   
Is this standard localedef behaviour?

tom