Subject: Unicode Conference - Final Reminder

From: Misha Wolf <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 1997 14:38:56 +0000 (GMT)

> > > > > > > > >   F I N A L   R E M I N D E R   < < < < < < < < < <

               Tenth International Unicode Conference
                                 and
                      Global Computing Showcase

     Europe, Software + the Internet: Going Global with Unicode

                          March 10-12, 1997

                           Mainz, Germany

*********************************************************************

You have just one more week to register for the Tenth International 
Unicode Conference, which will bring together industry-wide experts 
on the global Internet and Unicode, internationalization and 
localization, implementation of Unicode in operating systems and 
applications, fonts, text layout, and multilingual computing.

The Conference will be held in Mainz, the German city where Johannes 
Gutenberg created Europe's first book printed with movable type.  The
information revolution that invention sparked in fifteenth century 
Europe can be compared to the more recent revolution brought about by
the Internet.  One important difference is that this time the effect 
is not limited to any one continent, but is truly global.

SPONSORS
   Accent Software International
   Apple Computer, Inc.
   LISA (Localisation Industry Standards Association)
   Microsoft Corporation
   Netscape Communications Corporation
   Reuters Limited
   Software AG
   Unisys Corporation
   W3C (World Wide Web Consortium)
   Zebra Technologies Corporation

WEB SITES
   <http://www.reuters.com/unicode/iuc10>
   <http://www.unicode.org>

LOCATION
   Mainz Hilton
   Rheinstrasse 68.
   55116 Mainz
   Germany

   Tel:   +49-6131-2450
   Fax:   +49-6131-245-589
   Telex: 4187570

ACCOMMODATION

A guest room block has been set aside for the Conference.

Conference rates:       DM 240 single room per night
                        DM 260 double room per night

These rates include buffet breakfast, tax and service charges.

To receive these special rates, you may reserve your room either
directly with the Mainz Hilton by phone or fax, or together with your
conference registration through Global Meeting Services.  Please
request the Unicode Conference special group rate. See form attached
to conference registration form.

Hotel reservations should be made prior to February 10, 1997.
Thereafter this special rate will be offered on a space available
basis only.

TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS

Conference attendees are to make their own travel arrangements.
Japanese guests may make their travel arrangements through:
   Skyear Express Inc.
   Attention:  Mr. Hibi or Mr. Ono
   7-9-3 Akasaka. Minato-ku, Tokyo, Japan, 107
   Tel:  +813 (3585) 8371    Fax:  +813 (3584) 2060

CONFERENCE FEES

   Unicode members:        $ 725.00 / DM 1,075
      This includes all employees of corporate and 
      associate members, as well as individual members

   Non-members:            $ 825.00 / DM 1,225

Conference registration includes all conference materials and
proceedings, refreshment breaks and luncheons for all days, the
cocktail reception and entry to the exhibition area.

GLOBAL COMPUTING SHOWCASE

Visit the Showcase to find out more about products supporting the
Unicode Standard, and products and services that can help you
globalize/localize your software, documentation and Internet content.

The Showcase is open during the cocktail reception on March 10 from
17:00 to 20:00.

Reserve your exhibit space now.  Contact Barbara Jarzyna at Global 
Meeting Services Inc. (see below for contact details).

REGISTRATION FORM

Please complete and return this form by mail, fax or e-mail with the
appropriate fees to:

   Tenth International Unicode Conference
   c/o Global Meeting Services Inc.
   3627 Princess Avenue
   North Vancouver, B.C.
   Canada  V7N 2E4

   Email: [email-masked]
      or: [email-masked]

Until March 3, use the following numbers to contact Barbara Jarzyna 
at Global Meeting Services Inc.:

   Tel: +1-604-983-9157
   Fax: +1-604-983-9158

After March 3, use the following numbers to contact Barbara Jarzyna 
at the Mainz Hilton Hotel:

   Tel: +49-6131-24-50
   Fax: +49-6131-24-55-89

Name:            ____________________________________________________

Title/Position:  ____________________________________________________

Affiliation:     ____________________________________________________

Address:         ____________________________________________________

City:            ____________________________________________________

Prov/State:      ____________________________________________________

Postal/Zip code: ____________________________________________________

Country:         ____________________________________________________

Telephone:       ____________________________________________________

Fax:             ____________________________________________________

E-Mail:          ____________________________________________________

REGISTRATION FEE

Conference:

   Unicode member          [ ]  $ 725.00 / DM 1,075

   Non-member              [ ]  $ 825.00 / DM 1,225

Hotel (optional):

   Hotel reservation required: [ ]

   Arrival Date:     ________________

   Departure Date:   ________________

   Room Preferences: [ ] Smoking
                     [ ] Non-Smoking

                     [ ] Single @ DM 240 per night*
                     [ ] Double @ DM 260 per night*

   Credit card guarantee to hold room [ ]

   * This rate valid until February 10

Remittance is by:

[ ] Visa               [ ] Mastercard            [ ] American Express
[ ] Discover           [ ] Diners Club           [ ] Cheque

Credit cards will be billed in US dollars

_____________________________________________________________________
Credit card number                               Expiry date

_____________________________________________________________________
Name of cardholder                               Signature

Please make cheques payable to Global Meeting Services

CANCELLATION/SUBSTITUTION POLICY

Cancellations received and post-marked prior to February 21, 1997
will receive an 80% refund to be mailed after the Conference.
Substitutions will be permitted to March 10, 1997.

Attendee list:
   [ ] Please do not include my name on the attendee list

EXHIBITING OPPORTUNITIES

If your organization is interested in exhibiting at the Conference,
please contact Global Meeting Services at the above location.

TRADEMARKS

Unicode(TM) and the Unicode logo are trademarks of Unicode, Inc.
Used with permission.